Packing and getting ready for the Sydney Royal Easter Show can be stressful at the best of times let alone when you have a couple of excited kids running around. So that’s why we here at Show Radio made a list of the top 5 things to remember when packing, even though if you do forget them chances are the show will have some help for you.
- Cash! Having cash on you is super important as some places will only take cash. While yes the world is moving into the digital age where pay pass is basically the only way of paying, the show does have a lot of stalls and side shows that will only take cash.
- Phone Battery! A day at the Sydney Royal Easter Show is a long one and having a dead battery half way through the day can make certain things hard. Whether it is finding your partner, finding your lost child, or simply googling something, you need your phone. We suggest having a portable charger or even still, bringing the wall charger.
- Nappies! This one is mainly for the parents with younger kids how
ever still important. As we said the day is long and when you need to go, you need to go, so having a bunch of spare nappies is essential. Remembering to pack them is another thing all together. Our suggestion, pack more than you think you’d need, better to be safe than sorry.
- Bags! Everyone knows that the show bags are one of the main attractions from the show, and a lot of them are simple with a bunch of small things like chocolates. Our tip is to bring a big backpack, full of food maybe, eat the food during the day, and chuck the show bags in later, saves carrying however many smaller bags around. The best part, there are over 1800 lockers for hire around the grounds to store the bag in as well.
- Stroller! Finally a stroller is the most ideal for the show as prams are a bit too big, and chances are the kids will want to roam around to look at things through the day anyway. Towards the end of the day the kids will tire and want to sit down, if not go home all together which is the perfect time to whip the stroller into action. The best part, strollers are also available for hire from the Event Scooter Hire or by booking online.
So there you have it, our top 5 things to remember when packing for the show. Keep your mind at ease knowing you have the bases covered… and know that if you do forget, the Sydney Royal Easter Show has your back.